WDVX Development Director
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Knoxville, TN (Non-Remote)
WDVX is an independent, listener-supported community public radio station and roots music is what we’re all about. Our broadcast license is held by 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization the Cumberland Communities Communications Corporation. WDVX broadcasts at 200 watts on 89.9 MHz and is licensed to the City of Clinton, TN. We serve counties in the Cumberland Mountains and the Great Valley of East Tennessee. Our main transmitter is atop Cross Mountain in Campbell County, TN. We also broadcast in Knoxville at 102.9 from translator W275AD and in the Seymour area at 93.9 on translator W230BR. The station has studios in Knoxville, TN & Norris, TN. WDVX offers our listeners a variety of specialty shows featuring music you can’t hear anywhere else.
WDVX is seeking a highly motivated Development Director who will manage and oversee all fundraising activities for station including fundraising drives, manage grants and recruit new non-profit and business support. The Development Director will represent the station in the community and set the tone for the station’s overall funding efforts.
This is a strong opportunity to build on the future of a very established regional community radio station with a strong worldwide brand.
This is a high profile position with the director attending community and business events and working with General Manager, staff and volunteers on a daily basis to construct and implement station operating strategy.
- Develop fundraising strategies encompassing fund drives, underwriting and grant writing
- Complete and submit grant applications and research and identify new grant opportunities
- Manage grant audits and required reporting including Corporation for Public Broadcasting, Knoxville Tourism Consortium, Tennessee Arts Commission, City of Knoxville and Downtown Knoxville Alliance
- Manage all fundraising campaigns
- Seek financial underwriting support from local businesses and develop strategies for increasing underwriting revenues
- Actively represent WDVX in the greater East Tennessee Community and beyond
- Meet with community groups regularly, identify new donor prospects and cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships
- Work with our staff, volunteers and interns to create and sustain a team atmosphere and good working chemistry
- A minimum of five years experience in the not for profit fundraising community
- Strong leadership and relationship-building, oral and written communication skills
- Social Media and marketing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, broadcasting or other related degree
- Salary Range: $40-$50,000 per year plus 15% commission on collected underwriting support
- Bonuses for meeting and exceeding fundraising and grant revenue goals
- 75% of health and insurance covered, plus Vanguard Simple IRA with 3% employer matching available after one year
Send resume and letter to General Manager Tony Lawson at email@example.com
INTERNSHIPS AVAILABLE AT WDVX!
Blue Plate Special Internships
We have four unpaid internship positions at WDVX. Each internship typically lasts one semester (Fall/Spring) or through the Summer. The positions are as follows:
Production (2 positions) – Assist with day to day operations of the Blue Plate Special (BPS). This includes (but is not limited to) helping with artist load-in/parking, setting up audio equipment, and recording, editing, indexing and archiving performances. Hours are approximately 10:30a-2:30p M-S.
Marketing (1 position) – Assist WDVX staff with marketing the BPS at a grass-roots level. Responsibilities include updating/editing social media sites and interfacing with local area businesses and media outlets to garner as much attention as possible for the BPS. Hours are generally flexible.
Syndication (1 position) – Assist WDVX staff and production interns with editing, archiving and posting BPS shows to online distribution sites which allow other radio stations/media outlets to access syndicated material. Hours are flexible.
If you are interested in a Blue Plate Special internship contact Tony Lawson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To volunteer at events – email@example.com or with the programming department or in the office contact firstname.lastname@example.org. It all happens, thanks to you!
WDVX is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WDVX/Cumberland Communities Communications Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Cumberland Communities Communications Corporation/WDVX is an equal rights employer and is committed to treating all individuals equally regardless of differences in race, color, national and geographic origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, physical ability, sexual orientation, language, socioeconomics, marital status, veteran status, and viewpoint.