The Wild Ponies will be performing on First Friday Live on April 7th at 7pm. Join host Nelson at Visit Knoxville or listen live!
In the meantime, enjoy this Bullet Backstory from the Wild Ponies. They were gracious enough to answer our questions for this regular feature on the WDVX blog.
- Biggest musical influences? Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, Lucinda Williams, The Beatles, Guy Clark, and our friends!
- What made you decide to pursue music as a career? Well, we kind of grew up playing music together. We started playing music in a rock-n-roll cover band in high school. We went to college and tried to do other things for a while, but music remained at the center of our lives. We had to. We couldn’t not (double negative) write and play music for a living.
- What advice do you have for young musicians who are trying to hone their craft? Practice every day and be true to yourself and your art. You can’t do it for any other reason than the art.
- What’s your favorite thing to do in Knoxville? Stop by WDVX! It’s one of the best Americana stations in the country. We also have a TON of friends in Knoxville, so we like to hang with our peeps, for sure!
- If you could work with any musician (living or deceased) who would it be and why? Gosh. That’s a hard one. We want to work with so many people. I would LOVED to have written a song with Guy Clark. I got to drive him around once, and everything that came out of his mouth was devastatingly beautiful poetry.
- Anything else you would like to share? Favorite WDVX memory, etc? I’m with her. Don’t forget to vote. Go Vols!