Guy Marshall will be performing on the All Day Blue Plate on March 3rd! Come out to celebrate the return of the Blue Plate Special and to see the newly remodeled Knoxville Visitor’s Center! In the meantime, enjoy this Bullet Backstory from Adam Mcnulty of Guy Marshall. He was gracious enough to answer our questions for this regular feature on the WDVX blog.
Take it away Adam!
- Biggest musical influences? We love a lot! I’ll say The Band, Flying Burrito Brothers, Neil Young, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings.
- What made you decide to pursue music as a career? It was simply a hobby but when people responded so kindly to what we were doing, it drove us to keep doing it.
- What advice do you have for young musicians who are trying to hone their craft? Listen to great music. Or rather, listen to the influences of your influences… Dig back and find out who your favorites loved.
- What’s your favorite thing to do in Knoxville? We love soccer taco so much its ridiculous. 2 cachete tacos, a chorizo sope, and pitcher leads to the best night ever.
- If you could work with any musician (living or deceased) who would it be and why? I wish I was around to play with Dr. Hook, those guys were insane.
- Anything else you would like to share? Favorite WDVX memory, etc? I thought WDVX was a cult as a kid seeing “WDVX” stickers all over Knoxville. As a man, I’m very proud to be a part of this cult family, it’s the best cult I’ve ever been in.