- Biggest Musical Influences – My parents played in a touring bluegrass band for 17 years so I would brought up around it, but after time really started to get into more of the old time sound , the mountain sound.
- What advice do you have for young musicians trying to hone their craft? Practice, Practice, Practice.. and just the want and the will and the love for what your trying to accomplish.
- What’s your favorite thing to do in Knoxville? Our favorite thing to do in the great city of Knoxville, TN is eat at Tomato Head and bounce in and out of the thrift shops. Mainly the food. Our first trip to Knoxville almost 10 years ago, Matt Morelock took us to Tomato Head and it has been a hit and a band favorite ever since. We lived in the Gatlinburg area playing music for the city and at Dollywood 6 days a week for 5 years and on our off day we would always drive up to Ktown and eat at Tomato Head.. No joke. My favorite thing is the Black bean and chicken Burrito. Hard to beat that. Hahaha. Also just walking around the farmers market area.
- If you could work for any musician living or dead who would it be? Oh my that’s a tricky question. I guess the answer is No One. I like working for myself 🙂
- Anything else you’d like to share? New record is called ON THE FLY we recorded that with Questionable Records. It’s a hard driving old time record, that’s for sure. Got some heat behind those tunes. “Heat=Speed” 😉
Thanks to the Whiskey Bent Valley Boys for sharing a bit of their story!