East Tennessee’s Own Barefoot Sanctuary and Jaime Cook are joining us on the Tennessee Shines Radio Show on August 24th at 7 p.m. Click here to learn more or get tickets. You can also tune in to the Americana Mix this Saturday afternoon 8/20 or the Category Stomp on Monday evening 8/22 for a chance to win a pair of tickets! In the meantime, enjoy this Bullet Backstory from Evie herself. She was gracious enough to answer our questions for this regular feature on the WDVX blog.
Take it away Evie!
- Biggest musical influences? Stuart Duncan, Casey Driessen, John Andrus (My Dad)
- What made you decide to pursue music as a career? I grew up playing in a family band and music has always been a large part of my life (even Minored in Bluegrass over at ETSU). The joy I get from performing and seeing people have fun is what drives me to do better, get better and make music an even larger part of my life.
- What advice do you have for young musicians who are trying to hone their craft? Be uncomfortable!! Always push yourself to doing something so far outside your comfort zone, that is where you will grow the most!
- What’s your favorite thing to do in Knoxville? Ijams! I love the wide variety of hiking tails so close to home. My album cover photo is one I actually took out there on the River Boardwalk Trail!
- If you could work with any musician (living or deceased) who would it be and why? I would love to sit down with Casey Driessen sometime and just soak in some knowledge from him. His style of playing is so unique and percussive.
- Anything else you would like to share? Favorite WDVX memory, etc? WDVX has always been a great supporter of the projects I am a part of. The Blue Plate was actually the first radio show I did. I also have fond memories of CamperFest, ask me the story about getting stranded there and sleeping in the rain