The Bearded is joining us on the Blue Plate Special with host Red Hickey on October 10th at noon. This event is free to the public and will be held at the Knoxville Visitor Center. In the meantime, enjoy this Bullet Backstory from The Bearded. they were gracious enough to answer our questions for this regular feature on the WDVX blog.
- Biggest musical influences? Taj Mahal, John Hartford, Ray Charles, Louie Bluie, Flatt and Scruggs
- What made you decide to pursue music as a career? No other marketable skills or talents
- What advice do you have for young musicians who are trying to hone their craft? Get a day job! Be a good listener! Playing good music is about making the people you’re playing with sound good, not just yourself.
- What’s your favorite thing to do in Knoxville? Go to safety city and pretend we’re Giants
- If you could work with any musician (living or deceased) who would it be and why? Really hard question…The Folksmen. I think they would get us. Or Spinal Tap, either would work.
- Anything else you would like to share? Favorite WDVX memory, etc? When it first started, We used to play the Blueplate special a couple times a month. We felt like the house band. Probably because our banjo player used to be the host.