Bombadil will be returning to WDVX’s Tennessee Shines Radio Show on Wednesday, July 26th at 7pm. Durham, NC’s irrepressibly creative band Bombadil brings their infections harmonies and inventive compositions back to our stage. We’ll hear songs from their latest release, “Fences” as well as old favorites.
Tennessee Shines Radio Show is performed for a live audience every Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Boyd’s Jig & Reel musical pub in Knoxville’s historic Old City. The show is broadcast live on WDVX FM and WDVX.com. Tickets are $10 in advance, available at http://
Listen online at http://wdvx.com/
In the meantime, enjoy this Bullet Backstory from Bombadil. It was real sweet of them to take the time to answer our questions for this regular feature on the WDVX blog.
Take it away Bombadil!
- Biggest musical influences? JS Bach, 18-19th christian church hymns, Bruce Springsteen, Charles Mingus, Esther Marisol, Francoise Hardy, J Dilla, Green Day, Grateful Dead, the everybodyfields, Henry Thomas
- What made you decide to pursue music as a career? – a love for music and a wish to share it with the world
- What advice do you have for young musicians who are trying to hone their craft? – do it as much as possible, practice, perform, compose, repeat
- What’s your favorite thing to do in Knoxville? Sitting in the little alley way with an espresso outside old city java
- If you could work with any musician (living or deceased) who would it be and why? Beethoven – he has very strong melodies and a good sense of arrangement
- Anything else you would like to share? I encourage everyone to plant trees, especially chestnut.
- Favorite WDVX memory, etc? WE LOVE WDVX! It may have been our first radio show…I always remember the super early mornings driving to get there by 10am. Way too early to play music, but it was always fun.